The Master Cleanse
The Master Cleanse is perhaps one of the
to Cleanse, Detox and Lose Weight.
Read the Original
Master Cleanse Full text by Stanley Burroughs
(right click to download)
- How to Make it?
- Easing in...
- Upgrade the Master Cleanse
- Easing out...
How to Make the Master Cleanse:Here is what you need:
- Lemons: You need 2 Tablespoons of fresh organic lemons or limes (approve. ½ lemon). Use only fresh (certified organic if possible) lemons, never canned lemon or lime juice nor frozen lemonade or frozen juice.
- Maple Syrup: 2 Tablespoons of genuine maple syrup grade B or C (Not maple flavored sugar syrup). You want the unfiltered maple syrup with all its minerals (preferably not grade A)
- Cayenne Pepper: 1/10 Teaspoon cayenne pepper (red pepper) or to taste
- Spring Water: 8 oz filtered/spring water, at room temperature.
- Mix: Combine the juice, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper in a 10 oz glass jar w/lid and fill with the water.
- Drink: Shake it up and drink throughout the day and as much as you like.
Easing into the Master Cleanse:
It is a good idea to ease in and out of the Master Cleanse by introducing fresh juicing into your current diet.
Fresh, organic vegetable and fruit juices contain concentrated amounts of enzymes, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that help in reducing congestion, inflammation and transitionally from a solid food diet.
Upgrade the Master Cleanse:The Mater Cleanse was introduced in the late 1950's and since then we have learned a lot about cleansing. Here are our top recommendations to take the Master Cleanse to the "next level":
- Test your pH
- Move your Bowels
- Remove Toxins
Test your pH before starting and during any detox/cleanse:
Testing your pH a offers a fast window into how your body is doing. You can read more about it here.
It's important to check your pH, or acidity/alkalinity balance, to minimize any cleansing reactions.
When we're cleansing there is an unusual amount of toxicity been dumped into the blood stream and detox organs (kidney, liver and large intestine) which can, in turn, make our body very acidic and give detox symptoms.
Test your pH every day during the cleanse with an inexpensive pH paper. You can get them here.
You'll be testing your first mid-stream morning urine. We recommend to not start any cleanse until your pH is between 6.4-7.2. It's likely that your system will be acid (lower that 6.4) in which case you'll need to prepare/replenish your system by increasing the intake of minerals.
If your pH is below 6.4 here is what you can add to your diet:
Moving your bowels:While you're doing the cleanse it is important to keep your bowels moving. Stanley Burroughs recommends the morning internal salt flush:
- Read about the Salt Flush Here
- For best results we recommend to do the Master Cleanse during the fasting phase (4 days) of this comprehensive 14-day Colon Cleanse to fully eliminate parasites and other toxic residues. A Colon Cleanse is always the best way to start any cleanse. To Learn about the importance Intestinal Cleansing Click here. Have you ever wonder if you have Candida overgrowth? Take this Simple Home Test.
Help the Body Remove Toxins:
During a cleanse, as we lighten up our diet, the body will start releasing unwanted substances like toxins, viruses and bacteria from the tissues and organs into the bloodstream.
Since the liver will be filtering the blood it is likely that it can become easily burdened and congested. Consider having coffee enemas during your cleanse as it will greatly assist you in discongesting the liver/gallbladder organs.
It is also a good idea to supplement your cleanse with a liquid zeolite like Natural Cellular Defense which has the proven capacity to encapsulate toxins and heavy metals, removing them safely from your system.
As with all cleanses, it is very important to remain hydrated.
Drink as much Master Cleanse lemonade as you need and add Hydracel to your MC drink to increase cellular hydration and detoxification.
Coming out of the Cleanse:
Coming out of the cleanse is perhaps the most important part of it in order to achieve long lasting results. You'll find that you become more sensitive to what kinds of food are actually giving or robbing your body of energy. After a cleanse is the best time to start a raw food diet.
Please read our article on Coming out of a Cleanse for guidelines on how to retain the benefits of your cleanse once finished.
Frequent Asked Questions:
- Can I eat anything during the cleanse?
Well... then it wouldn't be a cleanse. Did you try easing into the cleanse with our recommendations? Easing in & out of the cleanse makes the transition from a solid food diet to no food at all much easier. If you still feel that you need to eat something try a juice, or a smoothie with a SuperFood
- "I can't do this!"
A cleanse is both a physical and a spiritual journey. As we get rid of old toxins we also let go of negative emotions with the associated thought patterns. It is essential that you give yourself lots of rest and relaxation during this time. Learn about cleansing reactions during a dietary cleanse here and what to expect here.
- "I get cold and want to eat something"
This is usually a reason for sabotaging the cleanse especially during cold weather. You can always warm up the water before adding the other ingredients. You can also have the salt bowel flush (described below) with hot water. We also recommend that you take a look at our vegetable broth page for a great way to keep yourself warm and mineralized on those cold days and nights during and after a cleanse.
- What's after the Cleanse??
You might want to read our 10 Steps to Optimum Heath Wellness Recommendation Program by Clicking here.